We have recieved positive feedback from adjoining owners confirming a professional and highly skilled approach to each contract. We in turn have found the service we recieve from Dorton Demolition to be exemplary.
Charles James Homes
In compliance with The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006 and L143 Code of Practice, the Dorton Group’s asbestos operatives are assessed and trained by ARCA annually to undertake asbestos removal works.
All Dorton Group employees receive detailed and specific asbestos awareness training on commencement of employment with annual refresher training carried out to meet the requirements of the statutory regulations as well as Industry Training Group requirements .
This is a key component of the group’s safety at work and its adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety system OHSAS18001:2007. Training to meet all eventualities is paramount to ensuring that each member of staff has an in depth understanding of his or her role and how to recognise potential hazards as well as managing the necessary control measures. Estimators and contract managers etc also find this approach useful particularly for competitive pricing when the practical aspects of the task need to reflect the statutory conditions for dealing with asbestos.
The list below is indicative of the training all employees of DAS receive:
- Asbestos Medicals ( two yearly )
- Face Fit Tests ( Full and Half masks )
- ARCA annual operative training
- ARCA annual supervisor training
- ARCA contractor management
- Asbestos Awareness and annual refresher
- Environmental Awareness
- Safestrip – controlled asbestos wetting and injection system
- Company Briefings
- Lightweight Tower Scaffolds and Staging
- Abrasive Wheels
- Confined Spaces
- Full First Aider ( 4 day ) and Emergency First Aider training ( 1 day )
- Mobile Elevated Work Platforms ( Scissor and Boom ) ( IPAF )
- Banksman / Traffic Marshall